1. The first people to ever see a rainbow were Noah and his sons. (Genesis 9:8, 13)
2. God used a whirlwind to take the prophet Elijah into heaven. (2 Kings 2:1)
3. Jesus and Peter once paid taxes with a coin found in a fish’s mouth. (Matt. 17:24-27)
4. The longest name in the Bible is Maher-shalal-hash-baz. (Isiah 8:1)
5. God was a whistler. (Isaiah 5:26 and 7:18)
6. There are only 2 books in the Bible named after women, Esther and Ruth.
7. In the entire book of Esther, God is not mentioned once.
8. The Bible was written by more than 40 human authors inspired by the Holy Spirit over a time frame of 1500 years.
9. Moses threw a tree into bitter water to make it sweet. (Exodus 15: 24-25)
10. David used a sword to kill Goliath, not a stone. (1 Samuel 17:51)
11. Solomon had 12,000 horses. (1 Kings 10:26)
12. Solomon wrote 2 books known for wisdom, Ecclesiastes and Proverbs.
13. With 5 loaves and 2 fishes, Jesus fed 5,000 men. (Matthew 14:15-21)
14. Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible.
15. Abel was the world’s first murder victim. (Genesis 4:8)
16. God used fire and brimstone to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Genesis 19:24)
17. The Jordan River was parted by Elijah with his coat. (2 Kings 2:8)
18. People were not given permission to eat meat until after the flood. (Genesis 9:3)
19. Noah was also used for a girls name. (Joshua 17:3)
20. The name “Jesus” was chosen by God. It means “the Lord saves”. (Matthew 1:20-21)
21. Jesus was only 12 when he amazed people in the temple. (John 2:1-11)
22. God used hornets to drive away enemy people out of the promised land. (Joshua 24:11-12)
23. An angel started an earthquake by rolling back the stone that sealed Jesus’ tomb. (Matthew 28:1-4)
24. God used dust to form the first man. (Genesis 2:7)
25. When Jesus died, saints rose from the dead and walked around Jerusalem. (Matthew 27:52-53)
26. The early church had a list of widows. They had to be 60 years old, a faithful wife, & known for good deeds. (1Timothy 5:9-10)
27. Children have an angel in heaven who always has an audience with God. (Matthew 18:10)
Believe in angels but TRUST IN JESUS.
28. Moses and Aaron brought boils upon the Egyptians when they threw furnace dust into the air. (Exodus 9:10)